November 12th 2004 - Bill Conner

These are entries from the old Top Side Log prior to Dec 30th, 2013 at which time the old system was shut down for new entries.

November 12th 2004 - Bill Conner

Postby SS323bbadmin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:52 am

Friday, November 12th 2004
Bill Conner
E-mail address:bil@billconner.com
Homepage URL:billconner.com

I found this site by accident, what a surprise. Since I was the yougest guy on board back in '63, the rest of you guys must be -really- old by now. Fortunately, I'm still just as handsome as always so the years have been kind.

I lost track of the Caiman after I left the Navy so I wasn't expecting to find any current information. Finding this website was pretty neat. I was talking to a guy the other day and the military came up and got me thinking about the old days. To me it had just been another stage of my life that I got through and the stuff that came after kind of blotted it out. Now I'm wasting several hours going over the website. Guess it still matters.

Most of the guys I served with were ok most of the time and most of my experiences were good ones. I think I still owe Ryan $10 but, in 1963 dollars that's only about 20 cents so I'm not too worried about it. I haven't talked much about my military service over the years because it didn't seem particularly relevant to anything but finding this site makes me remember stuff. We'll see where it leads.

Bill
SS323bbadmin
Site Admin

Return to Old Top Side Log